Saturday, March 28, 2009

Powerful Painter Paula Villanova

11x14 Acrylic on canvas


What I've found wonderful since starting this project is to see all the different styles of painting and rendering on the same subject.  Animals desperate to find a home of their own.

Art for Shelter Animals is honored to have another artist I admire join our project.  Paula Villanova went to her local shelter and spoke to the staff at the Scituate Animal Shelter in Scituate, Massachusetts.   She had the experience of seeing cats that are "awesome... and very curious" during her visit.  This lovely kitty must have known what she was up to and gave her this awesome pose.  

Please visit Paula Villanova's blog and Website and see her other wonderful artwork.  She has a wonderful unique style and talent for making ordinary scenes extraordinary.  Thank you Paula!

3 comments:

  1. Now that I see what you are doing on this blog, I'm going to jump on board. I'm thinking of two shelters to approach, and I'll let you know when I've painted some portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, and all the works, so much, most especially for what they represent.
    sending hugs and support from Texas from me and the spoiled critters...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice work. BTW I have started a new blog dedicated to my sketch work — Art on Sketchbook

    ReplyDelete