Wednesday, April 1, 2009

5x5 oil on Matboard



This is a wonderful painting of Rina by Cathyann Burgess.

Please read what she writes about Rina:


This is Rina. Rina is a  Blue Tick Water hound. She lives at the local Humane Society in Richmond, VA. 
She is possibly the most dainty, quiet, elegant dog I have seen in a long time. It really was hard just to photograph her and then walk out the door. 
Painting her was a delight and so free. I like the little square format so much. but I am eager to see if I can get the same effect in say a 12 x 12 or even a 36 x 36.

I told her I thought she did an awesome job of capturing the longing look of Rina waiting for a home but also her hope that the next visitor would take her to her new family.  Please go to Cathyann's blog and read her special techinique in painting this wonderful piece.   As if this wonderful gift wasn't enough, Cathyann also gave our project a monetary gift also. Thank you so much Cathyann!  You opitimize  the generosity I  knew is here in the artist community.

1 comment:

  1. Cathyann, your work is so heartfelt. You have an award waiting for you on my site
    http://artbylorirowe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete