Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another idea...

Kayla 4x6 oil on canvasboard
Boo, 4x6 oil on canvas board

I was at my Meet the Artist event at my local pet shop  when a lady came up and inquired about the AFSA paintings I had out and a print out of this blog explaining the project.  She loved the idea and wanted to do something but $45 was too expensive a price for a painting.

Later that night, I thought of what I could do to remedy this and tried my idea out on these little guys.  You remember Kayla.  She is one of the critters staff at the SPCA in  Oakland, Ca wanted duplicates of.    So I went to their website and found another photo of her.  She is still waiting for a home.

Then I stumbled upon "Boo".  Just under 7 pounds believe it or not she is supposed to be 10 years old so she was featured in their Silver Muzzle club.  I figure if the SPCA could sell these for about $20 or so.  What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. I think they are wonderful! Another great portrait of Kayla with a nice pose. I am crazy about Boo - couldn't be cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! We adopted our dog and I try to do what I can to donate every year to the critters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT idea Sheila! I was just talking to my friend today about how nice it is when there's an option for every budget no matter the size, that way everyone is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a fabulous idea Sheila!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great idea, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need to hear it again, It is a great idea but all yours adeas are great right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said and done, Sheila. Keep it up and lots of people are behind you. Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful. They will sell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Sheila, Kayla looks lovely, Im sure she will find a home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work...will have no problem selling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheila, it's a wonderful idea, and $20 is a remarkably affordable price. I LOVE Boo! If I wasn't where I am, literally and figuratively, I would take Boo home with me, the little dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post reminded me of some small paintings that I use to paint.

    Free mini painting boards:

    Here is a free painting board recycling idea: I save up the square and rectangle Styrofoam containers that fruit is sold in. Clean it well and then cut off the sides. Cut them to a standard frame size of 8x10, 5x7, or 4x6 inches. You can glue two together if they are the thin Styrofoam containers to make them sturdier. Then cost them with a few coats of acrylic gesso. Presto -- you have some nearly free art boards for your mini art projects!

    ReplyDelete