Saturday, April 4, 2009

Katie The KindHeart


I'm a little nervous posting for the first time on AFSA. I'd like to say how honored I am to have this opportunity to do something that I know will really make a difference. The acts of selfless devotion on the parts of Sheila and Carrie are to be commended and inspired me to take the leap too. We can talk about wanting to help, but until we are willing to sacrifice our time, effort and paycheck it is all just talk. I am addicted to getting inspiration from quotes. Here are some I posted this week on my Spirit Art Blog about working with this project.

"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." ~ Calvin Coolidge

"If you care at all, you'll get some results. If you care enough, you'll get incredible results." ~ Jim Rohn

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it." ~ John Ruskin

I visited my Shelter this past Tuesday and for me there were so many memorable faces. None stood out quite like this lady though. I call her, Katie, The KindHeart. See her photo and find out more about her on my web log.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful portrait of Katie, Sandy. She looks soulful and so sweet. I think your quotes are perfect! Well done. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a gorgeous portrait! I know what her soft mouth feels like, and how her eyes would look at me. Beautiful. And truly, Sandy, our thanks go to you.

    ReplyDelete