Monday, April 13, 2009

Sweet Vanilla

Vanilla resides at the Scituate Animal Shelter in Scituate, MA

I am just delighted in annoucing Paula Villanova's second contribution to the project with a yummy portrait of Vanilla!  Doesn't she look like a dollap of ice cream on top of a cone here?  Paula has a wonderful unique style that she brought to this painting for her local Scituate Animal Shelter.  She has already contacted the shelter and wrote in an email:

The Scituate Animal Shelter got back to me and is delighted to receive the two paintings...they have plans to auction them. I was not going to frame them but since they will be auctioned, I am planning on using an inexpensive stripping that I can get at Home Depot and cut to size...a little trick I learned as a poor art student way back when! I just think that if they are ready to hang, they will get more $$$ for them..

I am hoping she will share with us her how she does her "little trick" with the stripping because I think its a good idea for my paintings (personal and for this project)

Please visit her website or blog and say 'hello' and view her other great works.

I am also humbled to learn our blog has been awarded with a pair of award from a talented and prolific bloggers.   We were presented with a "i XO your art blog" award by the world renown animal artist Akiko Watanabe and the "One Lovely Blog Award" from an artist and blogger I admire Darlene Twitchell. 

Thank you Darlene and Akiko!  Your support and acknowledgement of this project and blog is priceless and an affirmation of our purpose.   

3 comments:

  1. Very very sweet painting. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila,
    Thank you for visiting my blog today.
    And this is awesome! What a great project!
    I'll definitely try to paint one soon and ask my fellow artists for their participation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, so sweet! Thanks Paula... :-D

    ReplyDelete