Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thank You! Thank You!


So good to read your post and see your smiling spirit back here once again Sheila. As you can see, we all adore you and missed you so! And how wonderful to hear of Carrie's adventures as she travels across the country spreading the news about our project! Like most of you reading this, I have always been an animal lover. In fact, that's probably one of the top three traits that anyone who knows me would mention. It is so wonderful to be among so many other kindred spirits here! I feel like I have found a home here in helping homeless animals to find a home!

The shelter that I work with is not a no kill shelter. Unfortunately, you just can't save them all. I feel that the people I met who work at my shelter, care just as deeply as we all do about saving as many as possible. They work closely with many rescue groups.

I have had some real joys in the few short weeks since beginning this "art for shelter animals" journey. Six of the animals I painted have been either reclaimed or adopted. Katie The KindHeart is now in Maryland with a Golden Retriever Rescue Group. I just know that the work we do here is doing a world of good in so many ways. The end result of our time and efforts will bring more awareness, more adoptions, more funding and more forever homes to the many fur babies in need.

Thank you, Sheila, Carrie and everyone else for your love, caring and support.
Hugs Hugs, Sandy Sandy

4 comments:

  1. Great news about Katie, Sandy, and you are doing great work! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news and confirmation that almost all shelters (kill/no kill) have good people doing great things for these critters.

    Sandy, just know this new project is blessed to have you on board. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sandy, Katie got a home? This makes me cry, it is so wonderful. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,

    I see you have been very busy helping with AFSA and that is so wonderful! I love all the portraits you have done. They are all very beautiful! I'm sorry I haven't been in touch for a bit. It's been very busy here with many new animals coming in and others getting adopted and reclaimed. Molly the Mastiff is still here, waiting for the right home to find her. The cuddly kitty I was holding when you came to visit is #25332 and he is still here waiting for a home also. Hopefully someone with a kind heart will fall in love with him soon.

    I thought you like to know we have your portraits showcased in a display case as well as the flyers you printed out for us. We also have one of your portraits in the case where you first walk in with another copy of the flyer. Our Asst. Public Information Officer is setting up a press release about the project and everyone is really excited about it!

    Keep up the great work you do and I'll talk to you soon.

    Lisa Cliver :)

    ReplyDelete