Saturday, April 18, 2009

Venerable Vern Victorious Visage!


I could not help but get a huge smile on my face when Vern's latest painting popped up upon my computer moniter.  Don't you agree he has a real gift for doing these portraits?   He writes the following on his blog:

Melosia is an older girl (8 yrs.) who is very laid back, although she looks like she would like to lick you to death...ha! She loves to be petted and is anxiously waiting for a new home. She is currently at D'Arcy's A.R.C. animal rescue center in Winnipeg. If anyone would like to adopt Melosia or purchase this painting, please contact the shelter and they will name the price with all proceeds going to them.

Vern plans to start painting the older and larger dogs because he doesn't feel they get adopted as quickly.   Please stop by his blog and view his other wonderfuls works! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Vern has a real gift for painting these beautiful portraits. The expression in Melosia's eyes, her head tilt, and her tongue, all make me want to adopt her if I could. I think it's great that he wants to paint the older dogs. Not that the younger ones don't deserve good homes, but the olders ones especially need a loving home to live out the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila,
    It is a gorgeous painting!
    Today I posted information about your project along with a link to your blog on my new "community bulletin board", hoping that more people would get to know your wonderful project.
    Just click on "community bulletin board" on the top of my blog to check it out.
    I'll be contacting a local SPCA in my area this week and let you know what's going on.
    Thanks again for trying to save those animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vern's paintings and this one is no exception. I particularly love that he is focusing on the older animals. We welcomed two older cats into our home and they have been wonderful. I think I would adopt older animals in the future based on our experience.

    ReplyDelete