Friday, July 31, 2009

Angela's Amazing Azalea!

Azalea
8x10 oil on canvas

I got to know Angela Elledge through Karin Jurick's Different Strokes from Different Folks Blog. She is one the first group of artists from this challenge that I started following earlier this year. Angela is an experienced plein air painter but I've always admired her pet portraits and her figural paintings. Her movie star looks and her love for cows and long horns make her such an interesting person as well.

This is Angela's first contribution for the Art for Animals project! Her friend decided to take Azalea from a shelter where she had been for over 100 days to try and give her the comforts of a home until she found her forever home. Angela plans to give this beautiful painting to Azalea's new family.

Please check out Angela's wonderful website and blog. See if you can find a couple of my favorite paintings: Lucy, Four on the Floor and Old Eyebrows.

Thank you so much Angela!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I was just emailed this link and was SO touched to see this! I am the one who pulled Azalea (now called "Z") out of Dallas Animal Services (after she had been there for around 110 days and red listed for EU). We have been fostering her now for 2 weeks and she is such an angel! We fell in love with her immediately. I had no idea about this portrait and I am moved to tears seeing it! This portrait is just as touching & beautiful as is the gesture! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete