Friday, August 14, 2009

First of Ten!

Sally. By Carol LaVoie. Donation to Protectors of Animals, East Hartford, Conn.

I feel as though Christmas came about four months early.

When I opened my email this morning, I saw five posts from the other Carrie Jacobson, whose email address is just like mine, but without the "b." She is a nice woman, lives in Buffalo, NY, and forwards my stuff to me - and is buying a painting of mine, to boot. We're planning to meet for the first time in a couple of weeks.

So when I saw all these emails from her, I didn't know what to think.

But I opened the first one - and to my absolute delight, it contained two portraits! So did each of the remaining four emails.

Carol LaVoie, who describes herself as a hobby painter, has made 10 donations of animal portraits to a group in East Hartford, Conn., called "Protectors of Animals." The group, made up entirely of volunteers, has rescued and found homes for 14,000 cats and 7,000 dogs. Its website says it relies on adoption donations, membership dues, gifts, memorials, bequests, grants and fund-raising events.

So Carol's 10 paintings should be very much appreciated!

In addition, they are just beautiful. Carol, who also has been a foster home for Protectors of Animals for nine years, seems to capture the souls of the animals she paints. I also love the backgrounds and the angles she uses.

When Carol is not painting or rescuing animals, she has a life as an astrologer. Check out her website - and check back here over the next couple weeks, as I post Carol's paintings to the blog.

- Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Oh my....Sally is just gorgeous! How awesome of Carol to contribute TEN paintings!

    I love "Sally" with her beautiful eyes. Her fur looks so soft and warm, she'd be perfect on anyone's lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful..how very thoughtful of her and what a wonderful artist..thanks to both of you carols for all you do for the animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there were more people like you around, Carol! THANKS SO MUCH! 5*'s

    ReplyDelete