Monday, August 17, 2009

Mom joins in, too!

Top, Jones; below, Boo. Both are watercolor paintings by Bernadine Lucas (check out her website), donated to the Liberty Humane Society of Jersey City, N.J.
Bernadine is the mother of Ashley Lucas, who donated a wonderful painting to the same shelter a week or so ago. Click here to see that painting!

Ashley Lucas and her mother usually don't do projects together. But, Ashley writes, "I love her work so much I thought this would be a good way to get her involved in a very worthy cause."

So Mom, aka Bernadine Lucas, made these two wonderful paintings for the Liberty Humane Society of Jersey City, N.J.

According to the profile on Bernadine's on-line portfolio site, she's been "drawing, painting and illustrating since I was a child and sharpened my skills while attending the Maryland Institute. I now sell my works at the gallery/fine arts store that I co-own with my husband in historic Downtown Lancaster, PA."

I love these paintings! They have a sweet, whimsical quality that makes me smile, and makes me think of some of the nicer cats I've lived with.

How lucky we are to have such a wonderful mother and daughter artist team find us and join in the project!

- Carrie

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely adorable! Both mother, Bernadine, and daughter, Ashley must be proud of the art they are producing for saving the animals!

    ReplyDelete