Monday, September 7, 2009

Daisy!

Daisy. By Carol Lavoie, donated to Protectors of Animals in East Hartford, Conn.

Here's the final painting in the first batch by Carol Lavoie. I'm just loving these pieces! Daisy, I think, goes really nicely with Solo, by Kate Merriman, posted Sept. 28. I'd love to have these two, framed, hanging side by side.

Protectors of Animals is lucky, indeed, to have Carol making these donation.

Now, I need some help! I wrote a small article for Art Calendar, and I believe it has been in, but I can't find it. I'm not talking about the listing in the back, but a little piece, accompanied by a painting, explaining the project. If any of you have seen this, would you please let me know which edition and what page? (carrieBjacobson@gmail.com). I really feel like I'm losing my mind, a little. Thanks!

- Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Just read the Art Calendar article, which is why I found your web-page. What a great project to get involved with......The Art Calendar issue is September 2009, page 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors Carol used in this piece. I need to read your article Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful idea for a blog. Very inspiring. After Christmas (or winter solstice as I [prefer to think of that season) I think I would like to make something.
    A friend of mine has established a similar initiative to help with reforestation in the aftermath of the Greek fires near Athens last month. So much habitat, wildlife and trees were destroyed. It is believed the destruction was at the hands of corrupt developers!

    http://attikasos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete