Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ginger

Ginger. By Alli Farkas, as a donation for HARPS, the Hooved Animal Rescue and Protection Society, in Barrington Hills, Illinois.

Alli Farkas has joined us in the Art for Shelter Animals Project, with two lovely paintings of horses. Alli writes, "I live in southwest Michigan but spend a lot of time in the Chicago area because I still have sort of a job there. I have been donating to HARPS, the Hooved Animal Rescue and Protection Society, in Barrington Hills, Illinois for a while, but since I don't really have much going in the job market right now I decided I had to curtail my charitable donations this year. So I contacted them about painting one of their adoptable horses, and ended up doing two of them! Ginger is a two year old paint mare, and a nice photo of her is also on HARPS website."

She had a devil of a time getting photos of the horses, but I'm going to save that story to go along with Alli's second painting.

Check out her work at her website and her blog! Both are wonderfully engaging, and showcase Alli's really superb paintings. The HARPS site is great, too.

- Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment