Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sledge

Sledge. By Liz Pearson of Capetown, South Africa,
for DARG, Domestic Animal Rescue Group.

It's been a while since we've heard from Liz, all the way in South Africa, but readers of her blog know she's been making beautiful paintings, of people, flowers, fish. Liz's work is really remarkable.

Sledge is currently with the Domestic Animal Rescue Group, in Cape Town, South Africa. Liz writes that he is "a 3 year old male cross husky/collie who was abandoned by his owner. DARG say that Sledge is clearly confused and desperate for that human bond.

"Isn't it incredible that people can just abandon an animal like casting off an old shoe. There is no empathy or consideration on how that poor creature is going to survive.

"I hope Sledge finds his forever human companion soon. "

We do, too, Liz.

- Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I stopped over from Robert Brault's ... Love his quotes! Your paintings are beautiful.
    I appreciate your comments on abandon animals. My daughter rescued her pup, Chino... He is the best dog in the family!

    I also love your painting ~ Jasmine. She reminds me of the sweet white horse that lived around the corner from me. She was moved a year ago and we all miss her warm welcome to the neighborhood.
    Nice to 'meet' you~
    Maria

    ReplyDelete