Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tabby

Tabby
By Vern Schwarz, for the D'Arcy animal shelter in Winnipeg, Ontario, Canada

The talented Vern Schwarz has donated another beautiful painting to the Art for Shelter Animals Project. According to Vern's blog, this is an 8x8 painting, in oil, on canvas board.

Vern has an amazing way of getting the eyes of his animals, I think. They capture and reflect the light, and always make me think that in just one instant, they might look away. This cat seems ready to spring, coiled, muscles tight. Lovely!

Check out Vern's blog to see more of his fabulous work.

Thanks, Vern!

3 comments:

  1. I love cats a lot, I have two cutest in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this painting Vern! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great painting. Love the warm colors, and body poised to jump. My first cat was a Tabby, so have a soft spot for this one.

    ReplyDelete