Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Nyla" For Port Jervis/Deerpark Humane Society

Nyla ~ by Sarah lambert

We just got in this great sketch from Sarah Lambert!

She writes; "There was a short write up of the Art For Animals / Port Jervis/Deerpark Humane Society project in our local paper (The Times Herald Record) this morning, and as this is our local shelter, I thought I'd do a little sketch of Nyla, who was also pictured in the paper today, among the sad/sweet mug shots of dogs in need of homes.

Professionally, I am a set designer (theater) but I've always drawn our dogs (shelter adoptees all!) as our Christmas cards. This quick pen line and marker sketch style evolved over the years, as being economical when hand producing Christmas cards by the hundreds!

Attached below is a jpeg - I'll send the original, framed, to Susan of the Port Jervis/Deerpark Humane Society. The sketch is a donation, 100%.

Good luck with the project!"

What a nice surprise to get Sarah's drawing and note it was for me, as I am usually out of the loop these days. Thanks for including me in your email Sarah and THANKS so much for your charming portrait, time and efforts. Although you may not hear much about it, your work is lovely and I'm sure it will be appreciated by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment