Sunday, August 22, 2010

Phoebe, by Barb Benstein


Phoebe
By Barb Benstein
Pastel on sanded paper, 14x18
Donation to HARPS

The Hooved Animal Rescue and Protection Society is lucky to be getting another of Barb Benstein's beautiful paintings!

This one, of Phoebe, is pastel on sanded paper. I love the shadows on Phoebe's neck and face, and how tactile her mane looks. I know how it would feel under my fingers.

Barb's website shows the breadth and depth of her work. She has a special affinity for animals, it seems, and I am drawn to the emotion she manages to pack into her paintings.

Barb has made paintings for HARPS and for Save-A-Pet, organizations near where she lives, in Chicagoland. These seem like really wonderful groups, and I'm thrilled that Barb is helping them.

I've had the chance recently to talk about the Art for Shelter Animals Project with a whole bunch of people. The excitement about the project is really great! Many thanks to all of you who have donated art to your local shelters and rescue groups. You fill my heart with joy.

- Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment