Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tiger, by Janet Campbell


Tiger
By Janet Campbell
Donation to the Pike County (Pa.) Humane Society shelter

Janet Campbell is one of my favorite painters, and I'm just as happy as can be to be able to post a painting that she's made as part of the Art for Shelter Animals Project. 

Janet's work has a richness that, in my eyes, makes it stand out from many other watercolorists'. It's warm and full and inviting, and without the sort of fussiness that so often pushes me away from watercolors. 

She has a show going on this month at the Wallkill River School Gallery with Pat Morgan, another fabulous painter. The show is on through Aug. 31, and if you're anywhere near Montgomery, N.Y., you really should go. The school is at 232 Ward St., (Route 17K), and is open every day but Monday. Montgomery is on Route 84, close to Newburgh. 

I love Janet's painting of Tiger. The look in his eye, the set of his jaw, his tough face and soft ears, they are all so inviting. Also, I have a special place in my heart for this shelter, which is where we got Jojo, the dog who devotes her days and nights to me. 

Thanks, Janet! 

- Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, Ms. Campbell! Thank you for your great work and good will. Unfortunately, some dog walkers discover a danger, only sadly, when victimized and so I wanted to inform you of StreetZaps, a timely and useful tool intended to reduce the year round risk of injury and fatality from contact voltage. Just so you know, I confer with Con Edison's Stray Voltage and Public Affairs Units and contribute to Wet Nose Guide and New York Dog Chat. It is my firm wish that Art for the Animals will disseminate this vital public service as quickly and as widely as possible to preclude more tragedies. We will post a much safer walking film soon.

    Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

    In appreciation and with best regards,

    Blair Sorrel
    Founder
    www.StreetZaps.com

    ReplyDelete