Saturday, September 11, 2010

Calico, by Carol Lavoie



Calico
Chinese Brush Painting by Carol Lavoie
Donation to Protectors of Animals in East Hartford, Conn. 

I met Carol Lavoie on line through the Art for Shelter Animals Project. I received one or two paintings the first day, and then, for days afterwards, continued to receive paintings from her. I think Carol made 12 pieces te first time she donated!

We emailed back and forth, and got to know each other a little bit on line. A lovely cheerfulness came through her emails. Her paintings were enchanting, and her manner was, too.

I put out a call for artists for a fun local show here in southeastern Connecticut, and Carol, who lives near Hartford, said she'd like to be in it. I was thrilled!

Then one afternoon, I was in the parking lot at Jerry's Artarama, when someone called my name. It was Carol, and she'd recognized me from the photo on my blog, The Accidental Artist. Meeting her was like meeting an old friend.

In real life, she is as cheery and optimistic as she is on line. We had a grand time together in the show, though she sold only one small item, and I sold nothing. But we got to see each other's work (hers is delightful, full of heart and life and sunshine) and we got to laugh together and learn some stuff, too, about people and shows and displays and all that jazz.

Carol has made this painting for Protectors of Animals in East Hartford, Conn.

No comments:

Post a Comment