Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gypsy, by Alli Farkas

 Gypsy, by Alli Farkas
For Amazing Grace Equine Sanctuary

Alli Farkas writes "I was at Horse-A-Rama in Wisconsin a couple of months ago when a very enthusiastic lady approached my booth. She saw all the portraits and wanted to know if I would like to set up as a vendor at her upcoming fundraiser for her rescue organization, Amazing Grace Equine Sanctuary in Elkhart Lake, WI. I couldn't do it, since I will be at another horsey event that day, but when I told her about (the Art for Shelter Animals Project) she was delighted by the opportunity.

"She sent me a photo of Gypsy, a paint mare who is now totally blind due to a previous owner's neglect of an infection. She is now literally 'rolling in clover' at the sanctuary, and could hardly be in a better place! The clover was quite a challenge for me (I do landscapes in addition to horses, but I try to keep the landscapes manageable!) so I was quite pleased that I was actually able to put horse and clover together and make them both look good."
 
Amazing Grace, founded in 2008, seems like a pretty amazing place. Here's what it says on the website:

"Our sole purpose is to offer a safe haven for unwanted, abused or neglected horses. This sanctuary offers safe care and refuge - to all horses who pass through our gates. Here all their needs will be provided for - including shelter, nutrition, vet and Ferrier care, and most importantly - unconditional love and attention." 

Wow. 

To see more of Alli's gorgeous work, check out her website!

 

3 comments:

  1. I love the animal!!!! God BLESS you to the entire animal's rescuer!!!!
    You are thebest all the rescuers around the world!!!
    My grand mom say if someone loves an animal that person is good person!!!
    So you are!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you all.
    Animal have feelings us we!!!! Kisses from the Tha Recruiters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have successfully portrayed the beauty in this previously abused animal.It's breathtaking. Keep up the good work.
    windsong2

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to find a site you can trust.Visit Critterriddertexas.com this site was recommended by a friend so I tried it.They provide a Animal Control Texas, Wildlife Removal, Bee Removal Austin and Rodent Control Austin at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete